- Pat Riley, former NBA player and coach
In an effort to motivate myself and be more consistent in my kettlebell lifting, I’ve decided to set myself a challenge–to lift one million pounds (overhead) by the end of 2013. I started a bit late–on January 15–but better late than never.
I workout with trainers Misty Shearer and Mike Chomitsch at The Foundry, and the federation/organization that sets the standards for our ranks and competitions is the World Kettlebell Club. Hit the links and check it out!
The Rules for My Challenge:
- Only overhead lifts count–snatches, presses, jerks
- Swings, cleans, and any warmup lifts don’t count
- Only dedicated GS workouts count
- To rank in LongCycle with the 14 kg in March
- The Foundry Pentathlon competition on May 4
- The Victoria Kettlebell Classic on May 25–LongCycle with 16 kg
- The Calgary Festival of Strength in October–LongCycle (weight TBD)
- The World Kettlebell Championships–LongCycle with 18 kg
- Maybe a road race or two if I can get my running back up to snuff
Wish me luck.
BTW–the inspiration for this comes from my sister-in-law-to-be, S, who sets herself a challenge every year.